Engagement and Leadership
Engagement evaluates whether or not your talent is engaged with:
- what they do
- the people they work with
- their leadership
- their company, its purpose and vision
These connections impact motivation, trust and loyalty…critical elements in terms of employee satisfaction and ultimately retention.
There are typically three levels of “engagement”:
- Engaged: works with passion, has profound positive connections, innovates and are a force that drives performance outcomes.
- Not-Engaged: essentially “checked-out”, putting in their time and collecting a paycheck, with little energy or commitment.
- Actively Disengaged: a virus to the organization, this group proactively undermines the efforts of their co-workers and the business.
A 2013 Gallup poll found that only 13 % of the work force was Engaged, with 63 % Not-Engaged and 24 % actively Disengaged!
“Gallup estimates that actively disengaged employees cost the U.S. up to $550 billion each year in lost productivity, are more likely to steal from their companies, negatively influence their coworkers…
View original post 34 more words